The internet has revolutionized the way we shop. In today s time everything is getting evolved and digital. This is a best way of making digital not only India even world. Today everyone have mobile phones, tablets and laptops and obviously introduced to their functions too. Today 70% of people are buying their products online. But what actually an online shopping means? It just simply means of buying products and services from different shopping sites with the help of internet which includes Internet, online stores and consumers
The internet connects the consumers with different stores online which make them easy to buy products with different payment methods like cash on delivery, Paytm, cheque, debit card, postal money order and online payment method without requirement of physical presence of the buyer. Apart from these there are lot of benefits that consumers are getting from online shopping mentioned below.
1. Affordable prices :- With the help of online shopping a consumer can save a lot of amount from their budgets by getting sufficient discount according to the occasion or festivals. Sometime due to availability of online coupons and due to online shopping it become easy for a consumer to compare the prices from different shopping sites so to get the product at minimum price with satisfaction. Today mostly middle class people prefer to buy their required products and services online which make them afford the highest price services at affordable prices with the help of coupons and discount.
2. Environment friendly:- As for the online shopping the buyer don’t have to go here and there for their required product and services which help in saving the fuel and natural resources used in the vehicle which helps in conserving the natural resources and fuel expenses and thus help in reducing the pollution.
3. More variety:- Yes we can say that online shopping helps us in selecting products of our choice from a large number of variety. We do have the option of buying our favourite product at affordable prices. We can search on different shopping sites according to our requirements and sizes and specially prices that matters a lot.
- No crowds:- When we go to market or shopping malls for shopping what we found is crowd, hustle and bustle which not only change our mind but also spoils our mood for shopping and outing. So it is better to avoid shopping especially on weekends it become difficult to cooperate in such suffocating surroundings which spoil our mood and a day for outing and cause huge headaches. To get rid of these situations it is better to go and opt for online shopping in which you don’t have to wait for billing and don’t have to tolerate the suffocating surroundings and you can easily get what you want at reasonable prices.
- Sending gifts:- Online method became so popular which helps in shopping but as well as in gifting also like if we want to send any type of product or gifts as a surprise for special events to our relatives or any friends what earlier people did they order or buy gifts and courier to the person whom they want to send which consume double time as first wastage of time and fuel to buy the gift then courier charges separately which increase the total amount of product and time also so it is better to choose the gift online and provide the address where you want to send with the online payment method and if they don’t like you have option of returning back the product with the help of return or exchange policies.
- Less compulsive shopping:– Shopping from nearby places help you to know the quality of products and to know whether it suits you or not and instant method of buying and payment you don’t have to wait for the product to arrive but the disadvantage is shopkeeper sometime forces you to buy the product which you don’t like much but sometimes buy under pressure or force or what happens is you are confused and need some right person to suggest you and need right advice from them but under force of shopkeeper and their wrong advice led you to buy the undesired product. But later on realize that you took the wrong decision of buying and thus you had wasted your money and time on the product you don’t want.
7.Time comfort:- In today’s time half of the population is working and they don’t have time for shopping in weekdays and due to which they mostly prefer to go for shopping on weekends due to which they face annoying crowds which spoil their mood and for them online shopping is the best convenient methods on which they can choose and shop at late night also whenever they get time and suitable for them .So for time comfort for the busy people online shopping is very effective and beneficial method.
It has positive aspect and negatives aspects too like online shopping is very efficient method of purchasing goods and services at lower prices without going anywhere and saving time but the problem with online shopping is fraud and security concerns consumers are at higher risk of fraud as compare to face to face transactions , sometimes the product and the quantity we ordered and pay amount accordingly but the product we received has sometimes half amount and less quantity than we ordered this is due the rule of not to open the parcel in front of delivery man and after that their refund and exchange become a headache.
Another problem with online shopping is what product and quality we saw is totally different from the product we get after delivery .
Extra cost of internet and these online shopping sites consume large amount of net balance.
After ordering the product we have to wait for some time and delay in delivery mad us dependent and if arrived after the event or occasion then it is just a waste.